"Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans."
Selling Your Eco-Friendly Products on LivingECO.com
If you have a product that is environmentally safe, you can earn cash by selling your products in our online market place.
- Register - Register your company with LivingECO.com
- Get Listed - Create a profile after you have been accepted as a Green Business.
- Sell - You can sell wholesale and retail products.
- Earn Money - Make money while saving the environment. (Read about our commission structure below)
Register your company now and start selling your eco-friendly products.
Our Methodology for Approving Merchants and Products
Living ECO's mission is to bring the "greenest" products from companies around the globe. We scout them so that you can shop from them directly. We look for manufacturers that produce natural, organic and low impact products through low impact processes. In addition to our standards, we let you decide what should and should not be posted on this site. Products, videos, and articles can all be scrutinized by you, our customers. We believe that you are a fundamental part of this company as a member of the green community.
All Products posted on our site must meet at least one the following minimum standards:
- Food: Made With Organic Ingredients: Made with a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30% including no GMOs (genetically modified organisms) For more info on Organically grown food, please visit organic.com *Farmers must be able to prove that all food products they produce are grown without the use of chemical pesticides and herbicides.
- Products made from timber: Must come from sustainably managed forests (See Forest Stewardship Council Certificate below) or must be reclaimed and made into new products.
- Clothes: Must be at least 80% organic or made from recycled materials and also must be 90% recyclable.
- Electrical Appliances: Must meet or exceed Energy Stars certifications, must be made from recycled materials, or must be used and made in such a way that the intent is to preserve or revive the environment through sustainability.
- Services: Must be for the intent of preserving or reviving the environment through sustainable practices.
- All other products: Must be made from recycled or sustainable materials and be made for the intent of preserving the environment through sustainable manufacturing practices.
We appreciate your participation in LivingECO.com. Your feedback is appreciated at anytime as we strive to better serve you and your communities.
LivingECO.com Green Rating System
As consumers are becoming aware on how their product choices are effecting the environment, they want to know which products are the best to buy.
Our Green Rating system is designed to help consumers make the greenest choice possible. Living ECO measures a product's environmental friendliness on a scale of 1 to 100, composed of smaller scales. The higher a product's Green Rating, the "greener" the product is. This allows you to make greener choices and lower your impact on the environment and your personal health.
The Green Rating system measures not only the products, but also the manufacturing process and it's packaging. Our providers give us the following information on their products:
- Recycled? How much of the product is made from recycled materials
- Recyclable? How much of the product can be recycled or reused in other ways.
- Energy Efficiency? Provided to them by Energy Star or a third party.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging? How eco-friendly a products packaging is.
- Organic? How much of the product is organic.
- Biodegradable? How much of the product is biodegradable.
Of course, not all of theses standards apply to all products, so if a standard doesn't apply to a product, then is doesn't get calculated into the overall Green Rating.
Living ECO's Green Ratings system also takes into account a companies commitment to offsetting their own environmental impacts. There are a number organizations that companies can be a member of to offset their environmental impacts. We Also look at the following certificates.
The Fairtrade Certification is an independent consumer label which appears on products as an independent guarantee that disadvantaged producers in the developing world are getting a better deal.
For a product to display the FAIRTRADE Mark it must meet international Fairtrade standards. These standards are set by the international certification body Fairtrade Labeling Organizations International (FLO)
Made in the USA
Made in the USA Certification is for products made within the United States of America.
The USDA Organic Certification is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture has put in place a set of national standards that food labeled "organic" must meet, whether it is grown in the United States or imported from other countries. After October 21, 2002, when you buy food labeled "organic", you can be sure that it was produced using the highest organic production and handling standards in the world.
Forest Stewardship Council Certificate
The Forest Stewardship Council Certificate is given by the FSC, an international not-for-profit membership-based organization that brings people together to find solutions to the problems created by bad forestry practices and to reward good forest management
Green Seal Certification
The Green Seal Certification is given by Green Seal, an independent non-profit organization dedicated to safeguarding the environment and transforming the marketplace by promoting the manufacture, purchase, and use of environmentally responsible products and services.
Energy Star Certification
Energy Star Certification is given by Energy Star, a US EPA program that helps save the environment and save consumers money by using less energy through advanced design or construction.
Intertek Green Leaf
Intertek's new Green Leaf Mark is proof that a product has been independently tested and found to conform to multiple existing environmental regulations, such as RoHS laws, REACH and Eco Design requirements through one mark rather than multiple marks. The Green Leaf Mark is used on product packaging, in point of purchase displays, product advertising and literature to explain a product.s environmental credentials. To meet growing market demands in the future, Intertek will extend the scope of the certification scheme to support manufacturer- and retailer-driven green product performance claims through the same single mark and consumer labeling system.
Living ECO Commission Structure
It is absolutely free to post products on our site. However, upon the sale of a product do Living ECO will charge a commission. All retail products are subject to a 8% commission and all wholesale products are subject to a 5% commission. The credit card companies take an additional $0.25 per transaction plus a 2.98% fee.
For Example: If a retail product sells for $100.00, our commission = $8.00. The Credit Card Company Fee that we must pay for the transaction is $.25 + $2.98%. The final amount for the business is $100.00 minus the fees of ($100.00 * .08 = $8.00) + ($100.00 * .0298 = $2.98) + .25 which equals a total of $11.23 in Living ECO commissions. The seller would get $88.77 from the sale.
If you have any questions about whether your product qualifies for being eco-friendly, please send us a link of your website or an email explaining you product. You can send a link to your website or an email to help@LivingECO.com.
If you have an eco-friendly product you would like to sell please register as a Seller.